Guests not docking at our Marina arrive by water taxi, a 5 minute trip from the airport in North Eleuthera, where major flights arrive daily. North Eleuthera Airport is just a short taxi and ferry ride directly to Valentines’ door. The fun begins the moment you arrive as you are whisked away to the vacation of your dreams, usually in less than 30 minutes!
How to get to Valentines Residences, Resort & Marina at Harbour Island, Bahamas.
Arriving by Air
Taxis are readily available outside of customs at North Eleuthera Airport, which is a five-minute drive to the ferryboat launch, only a five-minute boat ride to the resort. Simply tell the ferryboat captain that you are a guest at Valentines Residences, Resort & Marina.
It’s easy to get here by commercial airline. A variety of flights are available from Ft. Lauderdale and Miami, just an hour away!
Getting Here with Private Plane
How to get to Valentines Residences, Resort & at Harbour Island, Bahamas by private airplane
- Fuel is NOT available on every island, but you are never more than 20 minutes flying time away from fuel.
- The closest Bahama islands to Florida airports are Bimini and Grand Bahama Island:
From Palm Beach, Miami/Ft. Lauderdale
to Grand Bahama — 60NM
to Bimini — 46NM
- Nassau and Freeport are the two lighted runways that allow flying at night. All other airports require you to arrive and depart between sunrise and sunset. A few runways on The Out Islands have lights that are for special use only.
- When your flight will transit an ADIZ/DEWIZ area. As a private pilot, there is an ADIZ between The Bahamas and Florida. For DVFR flights, the estimated time of ADIZ penetration must be filed at least 15 minutes prior to penetration. While flying, contact flight service before penetration for a customs squawk.
- “Flight following” is not required, but would be nice to have.
- At least one life jacket per person is required.
- A life raft is not required.
- Current customs stickers should be displayed near the left door. (The sticker can be purchased upon arrival in the U.S.)
- There is no extra charge if you return to the United States and clear customs after regular business hours.
- For weather information in the U.S. and in The Bahamas, call 1-800-WX BRIEF, 242-377-7178, 242-377-7116.
- You can bring pet(s) into the Bahamas. An Import Permit is required; call Agriculture 242-325-7502.
- You must be an instrument rating pilot to fly to Nassau and Freeport after sunset.
Arriving by Boat
Contact our friendly dock master to arrange for your arrival by boat. Our dock attendants will be happy to assist you with your luggage upon arrival and departure.
Proof of Citizenship
All travelers including U.S. citizens, to and from the Caribbean, Bermuda, Panama, Mexico and Canada must have a passport to enter or re-enter the United States.
Travel Insurance coverage is available from your Travel Specialist. Let our travel specialists help you with your flight and vacation packages.