5 Things To Do In Harbour Island
By Sherice Major
Although there are 30 more days until the summer season officially kicks off, we’ve already started our summer adventures. Over the weekend, we packed up and sped off into the sunset to Harbour Island, The Bahamas to escape the hustle & bustle of city living in exchange for the deliciousness of the island life.
Briland,’ as it is affectionately called is located three hours away from the capital Nassau [via boat], and is one of the [not so] best kept secrets in The Caribbean! For centuries, the island has attracted the rich & famous, who, in their pursuit of all things major, found one of the most breathtaking beaches in the world, the most enchanting architectural structures, the most hospitable islanders, and the most palatable plates this side of town.
If you’re considering a MAJOR getaway here are 5 things you must do in Harbour Island…
- Rent A Golf Cart – Although the island is only approximately 3.5 miles long and 1.5 miles wide, you will need to rent yourself a buggy for your stay on the island. Golf carts range from $45-50 ish for a 24 hour period, if you’re a good talker you might get it for a few coins cheaper. Grab a map and go on the ultimate adventure, trust us – you won’t get lost!
- Have Lunch at Sip Sip – Unarguably one of the best spots on the island to grab a bite to eat at lunchtime. The restaurant is off the track most beaten, deep in the cut on Court St. Enjoy a five star meal with an amazing view of Pink Sands Beach.
- Swim – The Briland temperature is always perfect to take a dip in one of the best beaches in the world, Pink Sands. Stroll on three miles plus of nothing but untouched powder pink soft sand. Grab a spot, lay back and inhale the island breeze.
- Take a Cocoa break – Need a pick me upper? Head over to the quaint & quiet Cocoa Coffee House over on Bay St. for a fill up! The boutique coffee shop offers hot or iced Starbucks coffee as well as Lavazza made drinks. Get cozy in one of their chairs, grab a drink and enjoy the view of Valentine’s Marina. For the social influencers, WIFI is readily available!
- Drink & Dine At Valentine’s – Even if you’re not staying at the luxury property, Valentine’s Resort & Marina, you are still able to enjoy all that they have to offer. Head out for a night of fun with the girls and pop into the Rooster Tail Bar for drinks or grab a bite to eat from the Boat House Restaurant. Live entertainment weekly coupled with a view makes it a major must.